If you have visited orangejack.com lately, you noticed we have a new look with new functionality. If you haven’t visited the site (I’m talking to the subscribers here), please stop by and give us your thoughts!
Websites are always a work in progress which is one thing that separates it from print media. So you’ll continue to see subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle changes on the site from time to time. I don’t mind living those tweaks out in front of you live like this.
We’re excited about the changes we’re bringing to you! A couple of highlights include:
- New “Search Orangejack” box that searches just the Orangejack Network of Websites (TM)
- New “Hire Us” page
- New, clean archives (note, this replaces archives in the sidebars)
- Blog is moved to the homepage under the Welcome post
- Blog post footers now have new options to save and share blog posts with convenient icons. Comments are now threaded and powered by Disqus.com so you can optionally use a disqus profile, twitter login, or OpenID to comment. (pic of what it looks like not logged in and logged in)
- New “Connect” page replaces the “Contact Us” page and includes several of our social media profiles
- Sidebars include the latest from the Orangejack Facebook Page (be a fan!), Rob’s FriendFeed (subscribe to it!), Monitoring Orangejack (monitor it!), and more links to useful resources
- Instructions to Subscribe to Orangejack Updates and the Lifestream page are still valuable pages for keeping up with us.
Those are the major revisions we’ve launched to date. Moving forward, I will also be migrating my web tools, tips, and tutorials from 170spoons.com into Orangejack blog posts as we’re closing down that domain.
We’re excited about the web changes. July is a big month for us. Stay connected as more is coming!